Shanghai Conservatory of Music
“Special Scholarship Program of Ministry of Education of the People’s Republic of China”
According to relative regulations of Shanghai Municipal Education Commission, Shanghai Conservatory of Music is given three scholarships for graduate students as the “Special Scholarship Program of Ministry of Education of the People’s Republic of China”. 30 per cent of the three scholarships should be offered to students from colleges in Shanghai’s sister cities.
Ⅰ. Categories of Applicants
1. Applicants must be full-time graduate students including master’s degree and doctoral degree.
2. Applicants must not be university students in Chinese universities at the time of application.
Ⅱ. Application Procedures
1. Application procedures follow the relative regulations of Chinese Government Scholarship Application. Shanghai Municipal Education Commission holds the responsibility of the approval of the nominations for agreement.
2. Applicants should fill in the Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship or visit the CSC online Application System for Study in China (http://laihua.csc.edu.cn) to fill in and submit the application form online. Applicants should apply to International Students Office of the conservatory in due time. The closing date for this year’s application is May 31, 2010.
Ⅲ. Criteria and Eligibility
1. Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens in good health.
2. Education background and age limit:
- Applicants for master’s degree studies must have bachelor’s degree and be under the age of 35.
- Applicants for doctoral degree studies must have master’s degree and be under the age of 40.
Ⅳ. Values of Scholarship
Applicants can refer to the following link for details of Chinese Government Scholarship Scheme.
Ⅴ. Application Documents
The applicants must fill in and provide the following documents truly, correctly and completely (in duplicate)
1. Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship (filled in Chinese or in English)
Those who are available for online application shall fill in and print the application form after submitting it online.
The CSC Online Application for Study in China is available in http://laihua.csc.edu.cn
Those who cannot apply online shall fill in the application form printed by the dispatching authorities.
2. Highest diploma (notarized photocopy). University students or applicants employed shall provide proof of studying or employment on application. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English.
3. Academic transcripts (notarized photocopy): Transcripts in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English.
4. Study or research plan: in Chinese or in English.
5. Recommendation letters: Two letters of recommendation in Chinese or English from professors or associate professors. Applicants who stay in China at the time of application should give invitation letter or Admission Notice by Shanghai Conservatory of Music.
6. Applicants for music studies are requested to submit a CD of the applicants’ own works.
7. Applicants below the age of 18 should submit relative legal documents of Guarantor in
8. Photocopy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form (The original copy should be kept by the applicant. The form printed by Chinese quarantine authority could be downloaded from http://www.csc.edu.cn). The medical examinations must cover all the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Incomplete records or those without the signature of the attending physician, the official stamp of the hospital or a sealed photograph of the applicants are invalid. Please select the appropriate time to take medical examination due to the 6-months validity of the medical results.
Ⅵ. Approval and Notification
1. Shanghai Conservatory of Music will review all applications and provide Shanghai Municipal Education Commission the nominations for agreement together with the relative materials of the nominees by the end of May. Shanghai Municipal Education Commission holds the responsibility of the approval of the nominations for agreement. After receiving the approval of Shanghai Municipal Education Commission, Shanghai Conservatory of Music will submit to the CSC the list of nominees by the online Application System for Study in China. Shanghai Municipal Education Commission will send the application materials of the nominees in Shanghai universities to CSC. CSC will review the above documents and issue Visa Application Form for Study in China (JW201) to the qualified nominees. CSC will send the final Admission Notice and Visa Application Form for Study in China (JW201) to the institutions undertaking this program who will forward the documents to the students.
2. Scholarship students are not allowed to change their institutions as well as their academic programs or the duration of study specified in the Admission Notice.
Ⅶ. Contact Information:
International Students Office
Shanghai Conservatory of Music
Person to contact: Mr. Mao Yulong, Ms. Wu Yimin
Address: 20 Fenyang Road Shanghai, China
Post code: 200031
Tel.: 86-21-64310305, 64316745